2014年11月23日星期日

Response to “The Moment of Change” in Poems

The moment of change is common in poems. The moment hides the deep meaning of a poem. It makes the poem not superficial. Only understanding the moment of change in the poem, can readers find its deep meaning. As a poetry beginner, I have also been especially keen to create a moment of change in my poems. For example, in my poem “White Paper,” the moment of change occurs at “he tears off the piece of paper.” The moment suggests his families are died in the bombing. And in my poem “The Beggar,” the moment of change occurs at the stray puppy settles down on the man’s leg and the coming of two pence. It suggests the man is a homeless beggar just like the stray puppy. Both of them are a use of intellectual change on understanding. However, it is only low-level. I’d like to learn more and make progress on that. 

没有评论:

发表评论